Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: AG place New York

  1. #11
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just went there a couple weeks ago, and it was FABULOUS! I have family in New York, so I've been to the city several times, but this was the first time I actually went in the AGP! I would DEFINITELY take a day at least to explore the place. It's amazing. If your b-day is coming up (depending on how old you are), they do b-day packages like high tea, lunch, dinner, etc, for you and your doll and your friends! Plus, there is 3 whole floors of doll stuff to look at, so you may be there awhile. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at 15 W. 45th (about 4 blocks from the AGP), and it was a supernice hotel (rooms were a bit small though, but very nice). Free continental breakfast, newspaper, etc. Tell your dad to check online for the best rates at holiday-inn.com or hiexpress.com. Holiday Inns are nice, safe hotels and are usually reasonably priced. Some good places to eat are the Stage Deli (huuuge sandwiches), Connolly's (a fun Irish pub--all the waitresses are Irish!!) on E. 45th street and 6th Avenue, and Rocky's Pizza in Little Italy for good NY pizza. Have fun!! I wish I could go back already! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]


    I second Bean Bunny:I am soooooooo waiting for AGP Atlanta!! Are you listening American Girl?!?

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ March 11, 2006 10:33 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 11, 2006 10:35 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member marisoldancegirl662's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. I would think that you would need at least one or two days

    2. For food, you could go to TGI fidays it is right near AG Place!!

    3. There has to be somewhere they can go while you shop!!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member marisoldancegirl662's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGfun:


    We stayed at the Hotel Inner-Contiental and they have a neat American Girl package that gives the dolls a bed, the yellow trundel to sleep in during their stay, and a bathrobe. DD also got a little package full of little AG stuff, and at night she got milk and cookies! There are several hotels in NY that have different AG packages, so you may want to check them out. We have stayed in this hotel on several other occasions, and really like it a lot.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds like fun!! I did not know they got their own beds, bathrobe and everything!!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like you got some good recommendations for Hotels.

    Give yourself one Full Day at AG Place and you will be fine - Book anything like the CAfe well in advance.

    Things for your Brother and Dad to do;

    Go to a Yankees game - If there is one that day.

    The Intrepid Air and Space Museum

    Central Park Zoo or the Bronx Zoo

    The Museum of Natural History - Dinasour bones.

    Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty

    If Older - Pricey, but cool - Helicopter Tour of the City

    China Town

    Toys R Us Times Square

    Just a few of the many things Available

  5. #15
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would say one day is enough but wanted to add that I think you should allow another stop there a day or two later. I'm the kind of shopper who always needs to go back for one or two more things. If your like me you'll know exactly what it was you forgot to check out or wish you had done or bought and you won't need as much time the second day. Also be sure to ask for any in store specials and if your in the club take your card. You get stars for each time you walk in the door and your Mom or Dad will get stars for each purchase they make. (You also get stars for things like eating in the cafe, doing the photo shoot, hair salon, etc...if your a member be sure to check these things out ahead of time so you don't forget). Enjoy!!

    Edited to add that at AGPC gave Gameboys to the male siblings while the sisters where shopping~~this might entertain your Dad and Brother if you needed to make one last shorter stop in the store! That is if they do it in NY.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 12, 2006 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Brown*Eyed*Girl ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you so much for your help everyone! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I dont know how I'll be able to wait until July, but I guess I've waited this long I can wait a few more months. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •